Farm of ostriches. Manuc Bei estate and manor house of the city of Hincesti which includes: Castle of hunting with the Museum of Ethnography and natural history of the city Hincesti Princely Palace or Versailles of Moldavia House of the Supervisor Other annexes Monastery of Holy Great-Martyr George, village of Suruceni
DESCRIPTION OF TOURISTICS SIDES
The Farm of ostriches is situated in the village Bardar. During the 1990s Silvia and Igor Borjicov brought 5 African ostriches from Germany with the intention to base a farm. Since then the population has grown with various animals: horses, ponies savages, peacocks, pheasants, black swans, miniature hinds (the smallest in the world), ducks, hawks etc. Manuc Bei (1769-1817) was a wealthy merchant, diplomat, and inn-keeper during the period of the Ottoman Empire. He was born in Rousse (nowadays in Bulgaria) as a subject of the Ottoman Empire. A grain merchant, he amassed considerable wealth, and was rumored at the time to be the wealthiest man in the Balkans. In 1803, he was awarded the boyar rank of paharnic by Constantine Ypsilanti, Prince of Wallachia. During the Russo-Turkish War of 1806-1812, he was also a mediator (1809) between the Russian Imperial Army of Mikhail Andreyevich Miloradovich and a rebel Ottoman garrison in Giurgiu. A Russian agent, Manuc took part in the negotiations for the 1812 Treaty of Bucharest between the Russian and Ottoman empires. Towards the end of his life, he retired to his estate of Hîncești, where his son later built a manor house, which was designed by famed architect Alexander Bernardazzi. The Manuc Bei Mansion of Moldova resembles a French castle. The mansion houses a winter garden, park, and several watchtowers. In 1970, Manuc Bei manor house was transformed into a museum, which displays more than 20,000 artifacts.
The Monastery of Holy Great-Martyr George is in the village of Suruceni, Ialoveni raion. It is considered that the Monastery was founded in 1785. Chronicles relate that the land on which the monastery was build was donated by the landlord Casian Suruceanu. Hieromonk Iosif, who came from Montenegro, was supported by a group of Suruceni dwellers to cut the woods on the hill slope and build the wooden church of St. George. On the 7th November 1909, the Suruceni skeet was attributed the status of monastery. In 1957 the monastery was connected to electricity network, but on the 3rd July 1959 it was closed, its 47 monks, including the hegumen, were sent to other monasteries which were still allowed to exist. St Nicholas church was transformed into hospital; its sanctuary was used as surgery ward. Since the year 2000 the household of monastery was renovated and expanded, monastic cells, seminary buildings, farm buildings and a sewage system was built. In 2004 the monastery’s belfry was refurbished, and in 2005, six bells were installed, including two old ones, preserved from pre-communist times.
Tips for tourists.
During the tour you will need:
A pen to write
A few sheets of paper
Ladies must be in a skirt for visits to religious sites.