The town of Tighina is located in Transnistria (a Soviet relic or a taste of North Korea in Europe , certainly one of the most particular and most unique places in Europe). Tighina was first mentioned as an important customs post in a commerce grant issued by the Moldavian voivode Alexander the Good to the merchants of Lviv on October 8, 1408. In 1538, the Ottoman sultan Suleiman the Magnificent conquered the town from Moldavia, and renamed it Bender. Its fortifications were developed into a full fortress under the same name under the supervision of the Turkish architect Koji Mimar Sinan. During the second half of the 18th century, the fortress fell three times to the Russians during the Russo-Turkish Wars (in 1770, 1789, and in 1806 without a fight). Along with Bessarabia, the city was annexed to the Russian Empire in 1812, and remained part of the Russian Governorate of Bessarabia until 1917. Since 1991, the city is disputed between the Republic of Moldova and Transnistria. Bender saw the heaviest fighting of the 1992 War of Transnistria. Since then, Tighina it is controlled by Transnistrian authorities.
Tiraspol: “The Birth of Christ” Cathedral, Tiraspol Winery & Distillery «KVINT», Sports Complex “Seriff” Monument of Generalissimos “Alexandru Suvorov,” Memorial of Glory.
Tiraspol is internationally recognized as the second largest city in Moldova, but is effectively the capital and administrative center of the unrecognized Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (Transnistria). The city is located on the eastern bank of the Dniester River. In 1792 the Russian army built fortifications to guard the western border near a Moldavian village named Sucleia. Tiraspol is a regional hub of light industry, such as furniture and electrical goods production. The statue of Alexander Suvorov was erected in the central square in 1979 in commemoration of his 250th anniversary. In front of the Transnistrian Government building there is a statue of Vladimir Lenin. There are several monuments dedicated to conflicts, including World War II, the Soviet war in Afghanistan and the War of Transnistria (Memorial of Glory).
Sports Complex “Seriff”. Sheriff is the most successful Moldovan football club of recent history, winning every league title since the 2000-2001 season, and 6 Moldovan Cups.
Chitcani Monastery Noul Neamt. The memorial complex “Capul de Pod Chitcani ” (The bridgehead Chitcani)
Noul Neamț Monastery is a Moldovan Orthodox monastery located in Chiţcani, near Bender and Tiraspol. Geographically located in the historical region of Basarabia, it is today controlled by the breakaway Transnistrian authorities. The monastery was founded in 1861, when several monks from the Neamț monastery left and founded Noul-Neamț in Chițcani. The founding of the new monastery was a protest against the measures taken in United Principalities of Romania to confiscate monastery estates and forbid the usage of Slavonic language in worship. At the time, Chițcani, like all of Bessarabia, was part of the Russian Empire since 1812. On 16 May 1962 Soviet authorities closed the monastery; the buildings became a hospital. The monastery church was reopened in 1989.
The Memorial “The bridgehead Chitcani” is located at 3 km from the village Chitcani on the highest point of the hill of Chitcani, being raised in the memory of all those who have sacrificed in the military operation Iasi-Chisinau in 1944.