Price children : 0-2 years – free (without place in the bus) | 2-7 years – 49 Lei
OBIECTIVE TURISTICE VIZITATE
Frumoasa Monastery (originally Frumuşica) is a monastery of monks in the center of the Republic of Moldova. It was founded at the beginning of the nineteenth century by yeoman from Oniscani village, Efrem Iurcu (then schimonah Eftimie) and three hieromonk at the Monastery of Neamţ (Romania) – Serafim, Ioanichie and Macarie.
The monastery is situated on the valley of Ichel River, about 10 km from the city. Calarasi. It was founded in 1730 by the boyar Constantin Carpuz. At the monastery there is a stone church dedicated to the Assumption of Mary, built by the layman Stefan Lupu . The other church is dedicated to Pogorarea Sfantului Duh and is built in 1870, during the reigns of Jerome and Natanail. Here is preserved the famous icon of wonders of the Mother of God, “Garbovita”, given in 1790 by the wife of Russian colonel Nicolae Albaduev, killed by a horse in the gate of the monastery.
Raciula Monastery The Raciula Monastery is located near the village of the same name, at a distance of 11 km from Călăraşi. The monastery was founded in 1797 by two brothers, Andrei and Ioan Rosca, priests from the village of Pascani. The estate on which the monastery was built belonged to Lupu Stratan. At first it was a monastery of monks, but in 1811, following the dismantling of the Mana hermitage near Curchi Monastery, there is a community of monks founded here.
The monastery is about 25 km from the city. Calarasi, on the shore of the Hârjauca brook and near the village with the same name. It was founded in 1740 and is dedicated to the Ascension of the Lord.