Price for children : 0-2 years – Gratis (without place in the bus ) | 2-7 years– 84 Lei
OBJECTIVES TO VISIT
The Saharna landscape reserve is located on the right side of the river Dniester, 100 km from Chisinau. The most spectacular is the waterfall that falls from a height of 4 m, which formed an excavation of 10 m, called “The pit of the Gypsy”.
The “Holy Trinity” Monastery of Saharna is considered to be one of the biggest centers for religious pilgrimages in Moldova. Here can be found the unique relicts of St. Cuvios Macarie, and on the top of the high cliff, according to a legend, there is a footprint of St. Maria. The legend says that a monk from the monastery once saw the shining figure of Saint Maria on the top of a rock. When reaching that spot the monk saw a mark of a footstep on the ground. This vision was considered to be a divine announcement and evidence of the holy purity of this place. Near this spot a new wooden church was built and the “Holy Trinity” monastery was founded (1777) by Bartholomew Krivoruciko . Later the wooden church was replaced by a brick one built in an old Moldavian style, decorated with frescos.
Monastery of Tipova
The monastery of Ţîpova is a cave (rupestral) monastery on the right bank of Nistru River, It was dug on the high, steep rocky shore, 100 meters higher than the level of River Nistru. Close to it lies the village of Ţîpova and a rivulet bearing the same name.
The first historical attestation of the village of Ţîpova dates back to 1746. The inscriptions (possibly modern) on the back of some icons found at Ţîpova would suggest an older dating of the monastery, which could be 1666 or even the times of Stephen the Great.
Several layers of rupestrian complexes, nowadays collapsed and abandoned, suggest several stages of habitation at Ţîpova. The church Exaltation of the Holy Cross could date back as early as the 11th century, and the church of Saint Nicholas could date from the 14th century. These two churches are today ruined by the passing of time. The actual rupestrian complex, comprised out of the Dormition church and about 20 cells, was dug out starting with the 17th century, the church having been dated back to 1765 or 1756. On the ceiling of the church a semispherical vault was dug out, imitating the ceiling of a terrestrial church.
In 1827 the nearby construction of a terrestrial church was begun. The monastery was shut by the Soviet occupants, the monks being dunned and ousted, the church’s belongings wasted away. The bells were saved, ending up in the church in the Popencu village, on the other side of River Nistru. The monastery was reestablished in 1994.
Tips for tourists.
During the tour you will need:
A pen to write
A few sheets of paper
Take with you the alimentation
Ladies must be in a skirt and headed for visits to religious sites.